NGIA, the peak industry body for the Australian nursery and garden industry, is responsible for overseeing the national development of the industry.
Under the Nursery Industry Strategic Plan In collaboration with Horticulture Australia Ltd (HAL) and the State Nursery & Garden Industry associations, NGIA implements programs to:
- Achieve business sustainability by facilitating a change in business culture and improved business practice
- Promote plants, gardens and landscapes to consumers
- Have a strong, unified industry with one voice and identity
- Influence the opinion and policies of governments and key external bodies for the benefit of the nursery and garden industry
- Ensure the industry has the resources and structures needed to implement its vision